5 Health Benefits of Cannabis Chocolate
As various jurisdictions decriminalize cannabis, users innovate new ways to use it. Besides grinding up flower strains and rolling a joint, users can now use oils, vape it, or eat tasty marijuana-laced edibles, such as cannabis chocolate.
Edibles are gaining a lot of traction. Statistics show that cannabis chocolate markets continue to grow as countries loosen their tight regulations. People are seeking innovative ways to use the drug. Corporations are crafting various ways to take advantage of edibles’ market gap, such as cannabis chocolate.
Why should you discover more about cannabis chocolate? The health benefits of cannabis chocolate make it worth considering. Many people lack the necessary information to make the right decisions about cannabis chocolate. This article will help you discover what you should know about cannabis chocolate and its health benefits.
Table of Contents
What Is Cannabis Chocolate?
Cannabis users can use a variety of cannabis-laced products. Some opt for the typical cannabis concentrates and strains, while others choose edibles.
Edibles, such as cannabis chocolate, are food substances infused with CBD, THC, or both products. Cannabis edibles can make one intoxicated, but they can have many medical benefits.
Cannabis chocolate is one cannabis-laced edibles that one can consume. They are chocolate bars or other chocolate treats infused with some cannabis. Eating these treats induces marijuana’s effects. Some users find this method of taking cannabis more fascinating than traditional ways.
Many people consume edibles for recreational purposes. They enjoy these treats because they can induce marijuana’s effects and make them high for extended periods. However, one can use edibles for medical reasons, primarily as they are easy to use.
Medical Benefits of Cannabis Chocolate
When people hear of chocolate, they perceive it as an unhealthy substance with a lot of sugar that is bad for your blood sugar level and overall health. However, dark chocolate can have various medical benefits.
Dark chocolate has antioxidants that can lower one’s blood pressure. A study showed that people who took 100 grams of dark chocolate daily for two weeks had lower blood pressure, and their antioxidant levels increased.
Antioxidants are chemical compounds found in foodstuffs, such as chocolate, that eliminate harmful free radicals. These free radicals can cause various health issues. They can cause a chain of reactions in one’s body, converting other molecules to free radicals. This process results in cellular damage via oxidative stress, causing headaches, cancers, muscle pain, and other chronic issues.
Other benefits of dark chocolate include:
- Preventing cancer.
- Regulating cholesterol levels.
- Improved heart wellness.
- Reduced blood sugar among diabetics
- Improved cognitive function
Medical Benefits of Cannabis
After years of strict regulations regarding the use of cannabis, various jurisdictions are relaxing their laws. This relaxation is because they acknowledge that cannabis can have some health benefits, and it is not as harmful as people once believed.
Scientific evidence suggests that marijuana has at least 12 medical benefits. Some of the earliest usefulness acknowledged by the public include chronic pain management, glaucoma, and anxiety relief. More research continues to back these benefits.
There are other benefits that people continue to discover. Medical evidence shows that marijuana can help people with muscle spasm illnesses, such as multiple sclerosis, and seizure disorders, such as Dravet Syndrome and epilepsy.
Other benefits of cannabis include:
- Marijuana has anticancer characteristics.
- It can slow Alzheimer’s progression.
- Cannabis can regulate blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- It can help users manage their weight.
The National Institute of Health agrees with the science showing cannabis has had medical benefits for over 3,000 years. The FDA is yet to classify it as a medical substance. Still, statistics show that the number of cannabis users continues to grow as more evidence comes forward to support its medical benefits.
If you examine cannabis and chocolate separately, they have many medical benefits. It is no surprise that cannabis chocolate has various medical advantages, such as:
1. Anxiety Relief and Relaxation
Cannabis chocolate has tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC causes the psychoactive effects of edibles, such as cannabis chocolate. Research shows that THC can cause euphoria and feelings of relaxation.
Cannabis chocolate also has cannabidiol (CBD), which has anti-anxiety effects.
A 2019 study shows that over 79% of participants with sleep or anxiety issues that took CBD had a decrease in anxiety during the study. Scientists should conduct more research, but these findings are promising.
2. Pain Management
CBD has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make cannabis chocolate a popular treatment among people with chronic pain. Research shows that people with chronic pain who took edibles reported improved pain management.
You can also treat other conditions with edibles, such as cannabis chocolate. These ailments include:
- Cancer pain.
- Neuropathic pain.
3. Muscle Spasm Control
Doctors can recommend medicinal cannabis to treat muscle spasms. Research shows that people who take edibles experience substantial improvement in muscle spasticity. Further research is necessary to discover more about how cannabis products can help in muscle spasm control.
4. Antiseizure Effects
CBD has antiseizure effects. Some people claim that it could be a potential remedy for epilepsy. A study done in 2017 cites proof for the use of CBD to manage seizures in people with specific epilepsy syndromes. Further research is necessary to make edibles a standard treatment option for people with epilepsy.
5. Other Conditions
Cannabis chocolate can also help with other conditions, such as weight issues, diabetes, and appetite loss. It is an excellent substance to deal with various problems because it combines the effects of chocolate with those of cannabis.
How Does Cannabis Chocolate Work?
Cannabis chocolate works like other edibles. Once you consume it, it takes longer to kick in than it takes when you smoke or vape cannabis. You will experience more potent effects for more extended periods with cannabis chocolate.
Cannabis chocolate digestion process happens in the liver. Your body converts it to 11-hydroxy-THC, a more potent form of the chemical with powerful psychoactive effects.
You will start feeling its potency 1–3 hours after consumption. The period varies depending on various factors, such as your metabolism and weight. Once its effects kick in, they can last for 4–12 hours. Most users experience the peak of the effects 2.5 to 3.5 hours after ingesting cannabis chocolate.
Beginners can struggle to cope with cannabis chocolate’s potency. It is best if they start with a small dosage. Some users dismiss this precaution and consume substantial doses to enjoy its medical effects and recreational high.
Where Can You Get Cannabis Chocolate?
You can buy cannabis chocolate online. Buying it online is convenient, as you are unlikely to get it in a nearby drug store. Online stores with this product operate as a typical e-commerce shop, offering different varieties and shipping options to clients. Buyers must prove they have the legal capacity to use cannabis products.
You can also make cannabis chocolate at home. Infusing dark chocolate with marijuana is more straightforward than many people think. When making the chocolate from a liquid, finely grind and mix the cannabis in it. You have to determine the right quantities for each chocolate serving to avoid issues, such as overdoses.
You can determine the cannabis quantity by dividing the number of buds you use by the amount of chocolate you are making. This division gives you the amount of bud/gram of chocolate you need.
- For example, if you use 20 grams of cannabis with 400 grams of chocolate, you will want 0.05 grams of cannabis/chocolate. If you produce 20-gram chunks of chocolate from the molds you have, each piece will have 1 gram of cannabis.
Use the best chocolate within your budget. Cheap chocolate uses less quality cacao and more wax, minimizing health benefits and creating a peculiar taste.
You have to temper the chocolate properly. You will need a lot of care, patience, and practice. Stick to the dosing recommendations above to get the right mix of flavors.
Overdose and Side Effects
Cannabis chocolate can be an excellent way to take cannabis, but it comes with some risks. Potential side effects are:
- Adverse Side Effects: Excessive use of cannabis can have some effects. You may have issues with brain development, psychiatric health, a heart condition, and cognitive challenges. Long-term cannabis use among adolescents can lead to schizophrenia and learning difficulties.
- Accidental Ingestion: Pets, children, and other people can ingest cannabis chocolate by accident. Further research is essential to determine if edibles pose any danger to expectant mothers and their babies. Accidental consumption of cannabis chocolate and other edibles often happens, but you can minimize their likelihood of occurring by keeping them out of children’s reach and labeling them well.
- Overdose: You can overdose if you do not regulate the number of edibles you consume. THC concentration varies among ready-made cannabis substances. People also struggle to determine the strength of THC in edible products they make at home. This fact makes regulating the number of homemade edibles one consumes difficult, considering they take over an hour before you feel their effects. You may overdose as you wait to feel their effects. Edibles are more potent than smoked cannabis, meaning their effects after an overdose are more severe. You may experience nausea, paranoia, hallucinations, impaired mobility, and panic attacks.
- Interaction With Medications: Cannabis chocolate and other edibles can interact with some substances, such as blood thinners and alcohol. These interactions can intensify the THC’s effects or interfere with the substance’s actions. Consult a medical professional before you eat CBD chocolate when on medications to avoid adverse reactions.
Why Should You Use Cannabis Chocolate?
Consider using cannabis chocolate for these reasons.
- Cannabis Chocolate Has Medical Benefits: People are coming around to cannabis having medical usefulness. Jurisdictions are easing their tight regulations against cannabis and decriminalizing it. Edibles, such as cannabis chocolate, combine the effects of cannabis and other substances to offer various medical benefits. Cannabis chocolate can be useful for pain management, anxiety relief, relaxation, and muscle spasm control.
- They Make Using Cannabis Easy: If you want to use cannabis for medical or recreational purposes, vaping and smoking can be challenging. Cannabis chocolate can be an excellent way to take cannabis. Cannabis chocolate can have a chocolate taste if you mix the ingredients well. Won’t you be excited for chocolate every once in a while? Plus, you can use cannabis chocolate anywhere without worrying about people knowing you use cannabis.
- You can get them quickly: Cannabis chocolate is available in select online stores. Buy and have them delivered to your doorstep. Alternatively, you can make them at home. This option has some risks, mainly if you do not get the ingredients’ quantities right.
Alternatives to Cannabis Chocolate
As governments and other regulators come around to the benefits of cannabis, users look for new ways to enjoy the substance. Cannabis chocolate is one excellent way to use cannabis. However, this option is not the only one.
Marijuana edibles exist in various sizes, from vegan protein bars to sour gummies. These options can provide an alternative to people who are not big fans of chocolate.
Cannabis oils offer a fast and convenient way to take CBD, THC, or both. Many people prefer cannabis oils for medical effects because of their ease-of-use.
You can also choose from a variety of cannabis concentrates and strains. Vape or smoke these substances to enjoy their fast-acting effects.
Cannabis can have many health benefits. Governments and regulators acknowledge these benefits and are decriminalizing marijuana or relaxing rules against the drug. People continue to use cannabis for medical and recreational purposes.
Cannabis users have different ways to use the substance. They can smoke, vape, or consume it with other substances. While the first two options are still prevalent, the last alternative is becoming increasingly popular. One way to use it as an edible is by taking cannabis chocolate. You can also try Lulu’s chocolate bar.
Cannabis chocolate is a mixture of cannabis and chocolate. You can get cannabis chocolate from online retailers or make it at home. This product is becoming popular because of its various health benefits. Users can use it to manage pain, control muscle spasms, relieve anxiety, relax, and manage seizures. Using it well can yield these health benefits and more.