Determine How Dr Jonathan Lauter Offers his Specialized Mental Care Services
- Child and adolescent psychiatry is a vast area of practices and major branch of psychiatry. As a vital part of mental health care services, the area has been focused on diagnosis, management and prevention of broad spectrum mental disorders and condition found in kids, adolescents, as well as adults. A medical practitioner serves in this area and is practicing in the US must be certified by American board in Psychiatry. Apart from holding American board certification in Psychiatry and Neurology Dr. Jonathan Lauter MD has also successfully earned Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Mental and brain based developmental disorders
Brain based disorders/ attention disorders/ behavior
- Attention Deficiency Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders or ASD
- Hyperactivity and learning disorder
- Behavioral disorders
- Mood disorders
- Depression/ Depression disorder
- Bipolar Disorder or manic
Obsessive Compulsive Issues
- Eating disorders
- Anorexia / Bulimia
Gender identity disorder
Phases of Treatment
The management process begins typically with the course of obtaining medical history of a child or teenage with a problem, by interviewing the patient as well as his/ her family members. During the session, a physician or his/her assistant comprehends the existing issues and problems related to emotional and behavioral symptoms. A comprehensive investigation is also undertaken to know the child’s background concerning injury, genetic problems, trauma and other factors.
Comprehensive Test Process
Depending on the criticality of a child’s mental issue, the assessment process may extend for a few sessions. After the basic interview process, a psychiatric undergoes physical examination which is focused on assessment of mental condition backed by different lab tests, CT scan, MRI and other advanced mechanisms. The procedure can be supported by symptom rating scales like the BASC or Behavioral Assessment System for Children or Connors Rating Scales (especially used for diagnosis of ADHD or SDQ.
It is the next step whereas psychiatrists use all information and database gathered as the input source to find out the exact problem area. For proper diagnosis physicians take follow varieties of advanced techniques and tools. Once the disorder is finally detected, the adolescent psychiatrist designs a detailed treatment plan based on all investigations and conclusion.
Treatment process typically follows after the final sitting with the parents or the victim or his/ her family members. Apart from employing varied management procedures such as cognitive-behavior therapy, psychodynamic therapy, talk therapy, parent training session and so on, the treatment process is undertaken.
Now chaired as the Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry-Outpatient Clinic, Elmhurst Hospital Dr. Jonathan Lauter MD is also having his well equipped mental health care center in Manhattan. He is also available through email for his patients and their families and has vast presence in FACEBOOK, Twitter etc. The eminent psychiatric offers specialized mental health care services in areas including
- ADHD/ ADD/ Autism
- Bipolar disorder/ Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adults
- Depression/ Panic
- Insomnia/ Sleep Disorder
- Schizophrenia and more